Hello, friend! Hope you’re having a nice weekend. If you like cakes like I do, you will like this banana and mango bundt cake recipe. I think a bundt cake or anything homemade makes a good gift for someone. The great thing about bundt cakes is it bakes into a beautifully-shaped mold and it does not require a lot of effort in decorating. Present this cake to a lucky someone and you will look like a rockstar. 😉
+ 2 cups of all-purpose flour (sifted)
+ 1 cup of coconut flour (sifted)
+ 2 tsp. of baking soda (sifted)
+ ½ tsp. of salt
+ ½ cup of vegetable oil
+ 1-½ tsp. of vanilla extract
+ 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
+ 2 cups of granulated sugar
+ 1 stick or 8 oz. of unsalted butter (room temperature)
+ 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
+ 1 medium size mango (diced)
+ ¾ to 1 cup of powdered sugar
+ 4 oz. water
+ 6 to 8 raspberries
+ 1 to 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Set and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer set to medium to high speed, cream butter, sugar and vegetable oil until fully incorporated.
- Set mixer to medium speed, then add 2 eggs plus 1 yolk one at a time to fully mix with the other ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- After the eggs are mixed in, add the vanilla extract, then mix well.
- Into a separate bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Set the mixer to slow speed, then carefully add the sifted dry mixture into the stand mixing bowl to fully incorporate with the rest of the ingredients.
- Grease and flour or spray bundt cake pan.
- Evenly pour batter mixture into the bundt cake pan (10 cups).
- Place the bundt cake pan in the middle to lowest level metal oven rack and onto a baking sheet pan for added support.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 75 to 80 minutes. Rotate baking sheet pan at the halfway mark to cook bundt cake evenly.
- After the cake is fully baked, carefully remove the baking sheet with bundt cake pan from oven onto a heatproof table surface. Place a metal cooling rack on top of the bundt pan, then using oven pot holders or mittens, flip the bundt cake over and carefully lift the pan to reveal the perfectly-formed bundt cake. Leave cake on the metal cooling rack for at least 15 to 30 minutes or until fully cooled.
- In a blender or food processor, add water and raspberries, then blend well.
- Add powdered sugar into a glass measuring cup with a pour spout.
- Pour the blended raspberry juice into the cup of powdered sugar, then mix well until fully incorporated.
- Sift or sprinkle the powdered sugar onto the cake.
How to decorate the cake:
- Sprinkle or sift 1 to 2 tbsp. of powdered sugar onto the top and sides of cake.
- Slowly pour raspberry glaze onto the top of the cake. There’s no right or wrong way to do this, just have fun with this step.