Hello, friend! My first post of 2018! Wow, I can’t believe it’s 2018. I hope you had a great new year’s eve. Cheers to what comes next.
Here’s a bundt cake recipe that I want to share with you. This bundt cake is such a great combination to eat with hot coffee, tea or a glass of warm almond milk when it’s cold outside or really any weather.
The main ingredients in this recipe have quickly become a favorite of mine for desserts. I did not grow up eating food with cardamom or the tangerine and grapefruit hybrid fruit called “minneola tangelo,” but I am very much loving it as an adult.
I was thinking of making some type of glaze for this but decided that the flavors of the cake tasted good on its own. Just like the “keep it simple, st#%i&!” saying goes…it is so true with this cake.
I wish you a great start to the new year!
+ 3 cups cake flour
+ 2 cups light brown sugar
+ 1/2 cup granulated sugar
+ 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
+ 1 tbsp. baking powder
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1 tbsp. ground cardamom
+ 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
+ 4 large eggs (room temperature)
+ 1/2 tsp. minneola tangelo zest
+ 1/2 cup minneola tangelo juice
+ 1/2 cup almond milk
+ 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Set and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, add sugar, butter, baking powder, salt, cardamom and vanilla extract.
- Add one egg at a time, then mix in half of the flour.
- Add the milk, minneola tangelo juice and minneola tangelo zest, then add the remaining flour and mix until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Grease bundt pan with butter or spray bundt pan with a non-stick baking spray. (Tip: Save sticks of butter wrappers to grease bundt pan with the leftover butter remnants.)
- Evenly pour batter mixture into the bundt cake pan (10 cups).
- Place the bundt cake pan at the middle to lowest level metal oven rack and onto a baking sheet pan for added support.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Rotate baking sheet pan at the halfway mark to cook bundt cake evenly.
- After cake is fully baked, carefully remove the baking sheet with bundt cake pan from oven onto a heatproof table surface. Place a metal cooling rack on top of the bundt pan, then using oven pot holders or mittens, flip the bundt cake over and carefully lift the pan to reveal the perfectly-formed bundt cake. Leave cake on the metal cooling rack for at least 15 to 30 minutes or until fully cooled.
- Sift or sprinkle the powdered sugar onto the cake.
How to decorate cake:
- Sprinkle or sift 1 to 2 tbsp. of powdered sugar onto the top and sides of cake.