Not sure what the weather is like where you live, but it’s cold, cold, cold where I’m at. In times like this, I like to eat something warm, sweet, and comforting. This all calls for a tart pie! Yes, l love tart pies. Well, any pie really.
I am not a fan of nuts in ice cream, but I love eating them in most baked goods for some odd reason. I think because it’s either toasted or baked right in and the nutty flavor is enhanced. LOVE it.
Pecans are by far my favorite nuts to add to cakes and/or tarts…especially when they are toasted! DELISH…I can already taste it and so can you! Here’s a recipe I made for this yummy pecan, walnut, and almond tart. Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it and eating it. 😉
Happy Holiday to you!
+ 1 cup ground walnuts
+ 1 pinch of ground cardamom
+ 10 pitted and chopped dates
+ ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
+ 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
+ ½ cup ground pecans
+ ½ cup ground walnuts
+ ½ cup ground almonds
+ ½ cup light brown sugar
+ 1/8 tsp. salt
+ 3 large eggs (room temperature)
+ 1 cup pure maple syrup
+ ¼ cup (½ stick) of unsalted butter (room temperature)
+ 1/3 cup of whole pecans
- Set and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all of the crust ingredients into a large mixing bowl, then mix well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Grease tart pan with butter or baking spray.
- Pour mixed ingredients into the tart pan, then evenly press them into the pan.
- Place in refrigerator while you make the filling.
- In a stand mixer, add butter and sugar, then mix well at medium speed.
- Add maple syrup, eggs, and salt, then mix well.
- Add the ground nuts, then mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour filling into the tart pan, then add whole pecans in the pattern design of your choice. (Tip: Carefully place the pecans on top of filling, don’t press too hard or pecans will fully immerse into the filling.)
- Place the tart pan onto a baking sheet pan for added support, then place in the middle to lowest level metal oven rack in the oven.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Rotate baking sheet pan at the halfway mark to cook tart evenly.
- After tart is fully baked, carefully remove the baking sheet with a tart pan from oven onto a heatproof table surface. Leave tart on the metal cooling rack for at least 15 to 30 minutes or until fully cooled.
- Eat and enjoy! ❤